1 (edited by tabatha 2008-01-27 09:28:52)

Topic: What the f**k is the ChumbyTag??

Yes? What is the ChumbyTag Widget?

It is a funny interaction between the Chumby and the NabaztagTag from french company Violet.

I read somewhere on this forum somebody who told that the nabaztag was nothing in comparaison with the chumby... I disagree and say that they are both "useful" and the mix is still better...

Shortly, the Nabaztag Tag is a wifi "rabbit" that can speak (via tts), sing (mp3) and read (rss or books). Most of it features are manageable by an simple Api.

Let's see hereunder how rich the mix is... smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbLFdLfZEso 

Sorry for the cheap quality of image,sound a movie...

1st screen: little keyboard with arrows to allow writing of word or sentence for the courageous big_smile
2nd screen: allow to launch one of the six preconfigured webradios on the nabaztagtag
3rd screen:  six little pictures easily recognized by my 2 and half years old son..The pressure on a picture launch the corresponding sound on the rabbit..
4th screen: list of mp3 that the rabbit will play...

All the configuration is made by a simple xml page,then easily reusable by anybody who has these two wifi stuffs.

Voila,

Regards,

Tab

Re: What the f**k is the ChumbyTag??

I like it! As someone who has both, are you going to share it?

john
http://www.ambientinformationappliances.com

Yes, indeed...it's why I showed it...

I'll just have to change a line in the flash file, I'll give a zip file with the php file, the xml file and the swf.

Tab

does this require the tag version of the bunny?

It works perfectly with the Nabaztag tag...

It works a little with the Nabaztag...but some features don't work...

6 (edited by jvc 2008-02-09 01:42:14)

seems pretty responsive - are you connecting to the bunny over the violet network?

I just got a Nabaztag over the tag version didn't seem to have many more features other than the RFID stuff. Hope I wasn't wrong

Yes, I'm connecting on the Violet network.They are "migrating" to the jabber protocole,then it 1000 times faster than before...it's quite immediate as you can see on my movie.
The Tagtag has the rfid reader, can play web radio,has voice recognition (quite low for the moment but effective),will be able to sing mp3 longer than 45 sec,..