1 (edited by slobeavis 2008-01-23 17:19:49)

Topic: www.sigalert.com Traffic speeds

I use www.sigalert.com all the time.  It would be nice to get it on Chumby so I don't have to boot up a computer to find out traffic speeds

Sigalert shows how the traffic is doing by using green (good), blue, yellow and red (really bad) dots.  Place your cursor over the dot and a pop up will show the speeds and offramps/onramps locations.  It would be nice to bring up an area like the website but also to be able to zoom in on a particular stretch of freeway.  This would be a big help on my commute.

Already saw the My Traffic conditions but really doesn't show how well the traffic is moving.  Just reports accidents and road hazards. 

Thanks.

Re: www.sigalert.com Traffic speeds

I agree it would be a pretty cool widget. Although, there are probably traffic sites like that (although not as detailed) that serve more cities.

Re: www.sigalert.com Traffic speeds

This is exactly what I was hoping the traffic.com widget would do. If you set up an account at traffic.com you can see a map just like you describe with the current traffic speeds along your drive, plus a simple "jam factor" indication summarizing the entire commute.

-HuckFinn