Topic: Flash sound class / streaming mp3

Hi,
I'd like to create a widget that streams a list of MP3s (each 3 to 9 MB of size) and play them.

I read in an other Thread that the Flash's sound class and it's streaming functionallity is limited on the real chumby.

Until now I have two questions...

1. Will the streaming functionallity ever be implemented or is it simply not supported by Flash Lite 3.

2. If the streaming will work sooner or later .. would it be possible to download the first two MP3s of the list using the Sound class of Flash and then start playing the first mp3 while downloading the third? So it would be a continuos stream-like experiance after the first two mp3 where loaded. (until streaming does work with the real chumby)

I managed to get a mp3 test widget to work with the virtual chumby. This widget is currently only playing one free mp3 (from last.fm) and displays the download status and playback position.
Can someone test the widget on a real chumby and post its behavior here?
I don't own a real chumby .. but want to support the chumby community by developing widgets (in the selfish hope that chumby will come to europe after it got famous)

Re: Flash sound class / streaming mp3

Streaming of MP3 is not implemented in Flash Lite 3, so it's up to Adobe to address this.

We don't have any information about if and when that might happen.