Topic: Chumby pics, inside and out?

I've been following the chumby for a long time now, and I want to mod one if I get it but I don't want to buy one until I can be fairly certain that my ideas will actually work.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any good pictures of the chumby from different angles and importantly the internal structure.  Could someone post some pictures of the inside of their Chumby or link me to some good pictures?  Thanks very much, love the project.

2 (edited by yaesumofo 2008-01-20 22:22:28)

Re: Chumby pics, inside and out?

Well I would have a look on the FCC web site. I assume the Chumby has been FCC approved.
If so it has an FCC number and has a PDF file on the fcc web site with the test submissions. Images and all.
Have a look there.

FCCID MQ4WUG2700

YAESUMOFO

Well I had a look at the submission and it only relates to the USB based 80211b wireless device I assume is inside the chumby not the whole Chumby.
I wonder why?
I guess they only need to certify the rf emitting device not the whole computer (the chumby is definatly a computer)
IMHO this might be skirting the rules a bit but I am sure that chumby INC has a fine legal department guiding them.
Yaesumofo

mattthegamer463 wrote:

I've been following the chumby for a long time now, and I want to mod one if I get it but I don't want to buy one until I can be fairly certain that my ideas will actually work.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any good pictures of the chumby from different angles and importantly the internal structure.  Could someone post some pictures of the inside of their Chumby or link me to some good pictures?  Thanks very much, love the project.

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

The FCC wasn't really any help.  Does anyone have any pics?

Perhaps that link helps:
http://broo2.blogspot.com/search?q=chumby

Thanks a ton, thats exactly what I was looking for.