Topic: Replacing the display? (Physical size of screen?)

I haven't received my Chumby yet, and I can't find any specific info on either the wiki or the web site.  What is the physical size of the 3.5" display (HxWxD if possible)?  I have access to some 480x234 and 480x320 displays that are 3.5" and I'm wondering if either will fit in the same space (one is widescreen, so I doubt it, but the other has a more standard aspect ratio).

Also, if anyone from Chumby could let me know if there would be any other likely problems with dropping a new display and drive board in the case?  The non-widescreen Lee Ming display takes 432mA max at 12VDC.

Re: Replacing the display? (Physical size of screen?)

The current display is 320x240x16.

At these sizes, there are no standard interfaces/pinouts, so replacement of the display generally requires creating a new motherboard.  This is even more true when you take the touchscreen into account.

Duane wrote:

The current display is 320x240x16.

At these sizes, there are no standard interfaces/pinouts, so replacement of the display generally requires creating a new motherboard.  This is even more true when you take the touchscreen into account.

I meant the raw physical size (mm x mm x mm), not the resolution.  For the touchscreen I figured I'd just slap a piece of ClearTek on it and feed it back through the USB.  I had some moderate hope that your current driver board could drive NTSC as a last resort.

The chumby is not producing any sort of video signal - unlike more conventional computers, the LCD controller is built into the processor itself.