1 (edited by tchesney 2007-12-20 13:26:04)

Topic: Use of Virtual Chumby in an unlikely way

I was dabbling around a little bit with the virtual chumby.  I remembered today that I could set a webpage as (or on) my background on WindowsXP (i'm sure you can do this with other operating systems, I'm just more familiar with XP).  So instead of using the chumby.com page as the desktop backround, I logged in to my account to access my virtual chumby, copied the embed code and opened notepad, pasted the embed code and saved as mychumby.html. 

Then got into the display properties for my desktop background, selected the "customized desktop" button, selected the web tab and added mychumby.html to the list.  Voila, I have my virtual chumby on my desktop.  I don't know if this would work for you folks having problems with the wi-fi, but it's a nice alternative, if you are able to place it on your desktop.  If you have several channels you want to see, you can change the channel and get the new embed code and either place it in a new .html file (created through notepad) or add it to the original one.

Doing it this way is kinda nice because you can set up two or three of your channels and be able to see them all at once.

It's a nice bonus to have the virtual chumby.  Thanks Chumby Industries!  You rock.  I've got my webcams channel up on my desktop now so I don't have to go to the individual sites anymore.

Re: Use of Virtual Chumby in an unlikely way

Wicked cool---   What would the code that I could add to this to make it centered?  When I do this, it puts the chumby in the upper right corner...