Topic: Text does not show up on virtual chumby

I have written a simple widget (my first attempt ever in FlashLite!) to display a list and select an item on teh list and toggle its background color when a button is pressed. When I upload to chumby.com and it is in the "now playing" mode, the functionality works (selection - changes colors...etc) but no text displays. It works fine when I test my program using flash CS3.

Any ideas?

Second question: I am using an event handler for button click - will that code work on the real chumby with the touchscreen being used to select the button?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Nita

2 (edited by scottjanousek 2007-12-20 11:43:47)

Re: Text does not show up on virtual chumby

1.) Most likely you are not embedding the particular font you are using.  If you select your text field, you'll notice a button labeled "Embed ...".  Basically, click this and then select the character set you need to display within your widget (A-Z, 0-9, etc).

This will embed all the font outlines and you should be good to go.

2.) Yes. Just be sure to make the hit area for a button a big larger on the chumby ... since not all people have slender fingers, it's better to exagerate a particular button's hit area slightly to give the user room for some "error".

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!

3 (edited by nsharma 2007-12-20 14:37:39)

Re: Text does not show up on virtual chumby

Thanks for quick response. I am dynamically populating a List class (for right now it is done in program but plan is to get it dynamically from a server) in an actionscript- so, think I need to do it via setStyle for the list object. I set the fontfamily to Arial and size to 20 (and increased row size). It works fine on the testing thru CS3. It also works fine on chumby.com when I go to the sub menu - channels under Widgets and select my widget. On the right side where the chumby image with the app show up - it looks and works fine.

When I add to a channel and go to "Now playing" submenu under Channels, there is no text but functionality works fine.

Nita