Topic: Crackling Fire

Now that it's winter holiday time, I can't help but reminisce about the channels that used to play a crackling fireplace and christmas music all day.  Now the music might not be necessary, but it'd be really neat to have a widget that was just a fake fire.  Unfortunately, I'm not graphically talented - anyone up to doing this?

Re: Crackling Fire

I'd love this!

I've been doing this on my desktop with video ripped from an old $5 fireplace DVD.

Unfortunately, the sound isn't good. (You can hear an airplane passing by. And it's a loop. So you hear it again and again.)

So, I replaced it with the crackling fire sound from Aire Freshener:
http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

I guess, the point is, if anyone needs a snippet of video and sound to make such a widget, I could provide it.

3 (edited by jvc 2007-12-10 20:31:55)

funny idea - I just threw one together and made it public. Look for it soon under the Widget Labs section, it's called "Fireplace".

It simply plays a couple of fireplace videos I found at Archive.org. It randomly selects between the 2 at launch but you can press the screen to toggle

Tommy if you want to put yours up there just upload it to archive.org and I will add it in.

jvc, but what about sound? Is it possible to add in a crackling noise toi play on the chumby?