Topic: Auto Dim at bedtime

Anyone know of (or working on) a way that my Chumby will auto-dim the display at a set time like 10pm so I don't have to manually do this every night?

Re: Auto Dim at bedtime

Maybe something like this in your Crontab:

0 22 * * * echo 1 > /proc/sys/sense1/dimlevel

Unfortunately, Chumby doesn't seem to notice the screen is dimmed, so it doesn't undim it when you touch it again.  Maybe you also need this in crontab:

0 8 * * * echo 0 > /proc/sys/sense1/dimlevel

phord wrote:

Maybe something like this in your Crontab:

0 22 * * * echo 1 > /proc/sys/sense1/dimlevel

Unfortunately, Chumby doesn't seem to notice the screen is dimmed, so it doesn't undim it when you touch it again.  Maybe you also need this in crontab:

0 8 * * * echo 0 > /proc/sys/sense1/dimlevel

ummm..... ok now I feel like I just transferred to a new High School during Junior year...  I am guess that is some linux syntax (ie: Cron job) which I can spell, but that is about the extent of what I know there.   Assuming your life doesn't revolve around walking through a newbie through this step by step... anyone know of a widget or GUI method of configuring this?

bjbyers wrote:

ummm..... ok now I feel like I just transferred to a new High School during Junior year...  I am guess that is some linux syntax (ie: Cron job) which I can spell, but that is about the extent of what I know there.   Assuming your life doesn't revolve around walking through a newbie through this step by step... anyone know of a widget or GUI method of configuring this?

This cannot be configured yet.  It has been requested in another forum entry, so maybe we'll see it someday.