Topic: Free Chumby Classic

I have a Chumby Classic in black that's been living in my closet for years - still completely functional and like-new. I'd rather it end up getting used, and that won't happen if I just donate it to a local store, and anyone I know would just want to part it out.

I will ship this to whomever wants it, so longer as they promise it'll get used and not just re-sold or stashed away again. You'll get the chumby, power adapter, and original canvas bags.

Images @ imgur.com, followed by /a/7Ouqe8t

Re: Free Chumby Classic

I'll take it.  It'll join my Chumbified Dash displaying weather info and webcams. smile

I can send you a UPS shipping label so you don't have to pay.  Just let me know the shipping box dimensions and weight.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

Sorry I missed this one. If riblet2000 changes his mind, let me know. I was wanting to trade units. I have two Infocasts and wanted a CC.

Owner of 7 Chumby type units. 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8, 2 Info 3.5, and 1 C1.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

riblet2000 wrote:

I'll take it.  It'll join my Chumbified Dash displaying weather info and webcams. smile

I can send you a UPS shipping label so you don't have to pay.  Just let me know the shipping box dimensions and weight.

Sounds good! I'll get it packed up and get you size/weight info tomorrow.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

demarks51 wrote:

Sorry I missed this one. If riblet2000 changes his mind, let me know. I was wanting to trade units. I have two Infocasts and wanted a CC.

Which Infocast?  I may be amenable to making a swap here.

6 (edited by maconda00 2019-08-28 16:58:12)

Re: Free Chumby Classic

riblet2000 wrote:

I'll take it.  It'll join my Chumbified Dash displaying weather info and webcams. smile

I can send you a UPS shipping label so you don't have to pay.  Just let me know the shipping box dimensions and weight.

The box is 8.00in x 7.25in x 2.75in and weighs in at 2lb 3oz. If you need personal details or want to email the shipping label, you can reach me at [redacted].

Thanks!

Re: Free Chumby Classic

maconda00 wrote:

The box is 8.00in x 7.25in x 2.75in and weighs in at 2lb 3oz.

Look for a UPS shipping label in your email later today.  Thanks!

Re: Free Chumby Classic

I  have two Infocast 3.5 that are in my drawer. I was hoping to swap them for something, preferably a CC.

Owner of 7 Chumby type units. 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8, 2 Info 3.5, and 1 C1.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

riblet2000 wrote:
maconda00 wrote:

The box is 8.00in x 7.25in x 2.75in and weighs in at 2lb 3oz.

Look for a UPS shipping label in your email later today.  Thanks!

Package shipped! big_smile Good luck with trading if you decide to.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

demarks51 wrote:

I  have two Infocast 3.5 that are in my drawer. I was hoping to swap them for something, preferably a CC.

Bummer.  I was looking for a 8".

Re: Free Chumby Classic

How about 2- I3.5s for one CC?

Owner of 7 Chumby type units. 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8, 2 Info 3.5, and 1 C1.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

maconda00 wrote:

Package shipped! big_smile

Package arrived! Activated and running on my desk smile

I was originally a little concerned about the tiny screen but it is doing a fine job of displaying what I need it to.  Thanks!

demarks51, thanks but I'm keeping this little guy.

Re: Free Chumby Classic

I thought so. Can't hurt to try. I can't do that deal again though. Two for one is over.
CC has stereo speakers (okay). Two USB slots. Friendly swooshy body.
I3.5 has  same size screen. One USB slot. Nice but not stereo speaker. BUT it does have FM radio with antennae, exterior volume control, and slightly different music sources I think.

If I was you, I would keep it too.

Owner of 7 Chumby type units. 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8, 2 Info 3.5, and 1 C1.