Topic: customize for apps not fully working: "play app for / Customize"

Hi,

I have 3 apps in my channel (URLImage, URLImage, and Digital Clock).

Each has a "customize" link.  I can click on it, and I see one or two customization options
(e.g., URLImage lets me enter a timeout and a URL, and Digital Clock lets me enter a timeout).

The "play app for" (aka "timeout") has a drop-down with about 7 specific choices (e.g., 15 seconds, 30 seconds),
and "Custom" and "Forever".

I click "Custom".  The text box lets me type in a number of seconds ... it currently shows 15.

The web software (note: not the Chumby app, of course), ignores any value I enter.  I can enter 3, or 18, hit "Done",
and if I reopen the customization panel, I see the 15 second value again.  Repeatable.

Every "fixed" duration choice works ("sticks"), even "Forever".  It's just the custom one that fails.

Any idea if this can be fixed?  If not, can you please add one more fixed duration: 5 seconds
(My goal: picture A for 15 seconds, picture B for 15 seconds, clock for 5 seconds)

thanks,

Stan

Re: customize for apps not fully working: "play app for / Customize"

Huh, I'll have to see what's going on there....

OK this should be fixed, please try again.

The setting should be saved on the "blur" event for the number entry field (i.e. when the focus leaves that field).

hi Duane,
That seems to have solved the problem, thanks!
I was able to set the "Digital Clock" to 5 seconds.

BTW, is there a method of getting the applet on the Chumby to see/notice that change without rebooting the device?

thanks,
Stan

On the 3.5" devices, open the Control Panel, select "Channel" -> "Reload".

I don't think there's a similar method on the 8" devices.