Topic: Audio standards for My Streams?

I have a partner that has created an MP3 stream for us. It plays fine in Winamp on PC, but has a background / clicking sound on the Chumby.

What are the specs/settings I should let them know about to get rid of this noise?

Thanks

Re: Audio standards for My Streams?

The clicking in the audio is because of rate conversion.  We've optimized this for the next firmware update, so I wouldn't bother changing anything just yet.

However, if you want it to sound better now, we work best with 44100 kHz stereo.

What is the timeframe for this upgrade?

Thanks,

Since I've been blasted for giving time estimates that turn out not to be right, I'm going to decline smile

Soon, though.

Duane wrote:

Since I've been blasted for giving time estimates that turn out not to be right, I'm going to decline smile

Soon, though.

Duane - You rock. Any of the beta babies foolish enough to enable the beta version of the control panel and then cry about it when the one person who has been a stellar communicator shares some "estimates", should go back to their cave and stay off the bleeding edge. (Plus people asking for time estimates remind me of my 5 year old daughter on a drive to Disneyland... are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet. But you SAID soon!!!! waaaaahhhh!)

Your release cycles are FINE. Thanks for an awesome product and customer service attitude.

Chumby Fan in AZ