Topic: 2.6.51 Observations
Overall: Looking even better, and there is not a lot of critical issues or requests so far; just fine-tuning what is already there.
Here are the issues I had:
General Control Panel:
(1) Backing out the Music panel into the Control panel froze the display. The watchdog timer kicked in and reset the interface. I have not been able to reproduce this problem
(1) I like the look of the iPod panel -- thanks for bringing it back and making it look better!
(2) if the iPod is already plugged into the chumby when it reboots, then the iPod will not be seen. The iPod has to be
unplugged and plugged back in -- not great when there is a power failure. I think this is also a problem in earlier versions.
(3) If there is one playlist in the iPod panel. please select it automatically. I had difficult trying to get the iPod Shuffle to play (once I got it recognized, that is). It wasn't clear I had to select the single item on the list before I hit play.
The odd thing was that it let me hit play without the playlist being selected: the button changed its appearance to the 'pause' symbol, making ti seem like it was playing, but no sound came out. This shouldn't really happen!
(4) Question: shouldn't all screens with lists of items have something preselected by default -- preferably the one you selected when last in this screen? Wouldn't it be friendlier to keep this state around?
(5) I like the 'my streams.' Yahoo!
I'd like to repeat my earlier request that it would be good to have a way to manage "My Streams" list from the Chumby site, so I can cut and paste from a separate webpage into the Chumby page. This would be easier than writing down the urls and manually entering them into the Chumby.
(1) I still recommend being able to say "No sound" for an alarm rather than specify a duration of 0. It makes more sense for the user. I use this feature to turn night-mode on
(1) I look forward using the Easter eggs in my development. Thank you for listening to our requests!
(2) Speaking of requests, is it possible for us developers to add new buttons for the Settings panel? For my hacking project, I need to manage a USB device and I cannot think of a better way than from the control panel. Using the device will be done with scripts and a widget or two.
I will let you know how alarm stuff works in the next few days!