Topic: Sick Chumby From Foo camp.

I sent you a email describing the details, but figured I'd give the forums a shot as well.

No wireless connectivity.
Doesn't remember time/date after switch reset.
(Back side of display and network adapter seem VERY hot after runnung a short time.)

Any advice?

Tried resetting with touch during boot, but no luck there either.

Re: Sick Chumby From Foo camp.

If you're still at Foo, track down one of the chumby people, like Ken or bunnie. They should be able to diagnose the problem.

If not, please post back here.

I am no longer at foo camp unfortunatly.

We have your service request in the database, and someone will get back to you next week.  Unfortunately, the rest of the company is on the road coming back from Foo.

Sorry about the problems - part of the challenge of prototype hardware.

Oh no worries at all.

I appreciate the help!

6 (edited by bunnie 2006-08-29 03:47:35)

I think I see your service request on the queue, but post back here again if you don't hear from us through that channel soon. I actually understand how to use this forum software, but I don't understand how to use the service request tracking software (I get trained on that soon--hopefully I also still remember how to solder when this is all over with big_smile). So, I'll keep a mental note to look back here in a couple days to see if this was resolved properly.

thanks again for your patience.

7BAA 2E53 01C1 DCFF 497B  E7F0 9699 A303 78F0 D9B9

That won't be required! He's up and running.

My WAP in the office: Belkin  F5D8230-4 Pre-N

The chumby would not connect no matter how the router was set.
(It only has G or B + G. Settings. No B only.)

So  I picked up a Linksys WRT54G just for this purpose.

Set to B only, the chumby works as it should.

I love it!

thank you very much for sending us the model number of the AP.

we will acquire a unit and try to debug the problem. I think it is an issue with the open source WLAN driver set we are using, it seems to be an endemic problem with serveral B+G access points. Not sure when a fix is due, but we are on the problem.

enjoy the chumby and thanks for the feedback!

7BAA 2E53 01C1 DCFF 497B  E7F0 9699 A303 78F0 D9B9

doesnt chumby support 802.11g? that would make a bit more sense, because more people have G units. and i know if i had to run either B or G on my router, id run G, just to keep everything else happy.

need upload space for the forums or a chumby blog? right here then
http://www.nophus.com/useru
username is chumby
password is chumby

just to add that I have the same belkin router and the same issue, as in it just wont connect !

chedabob wrote:

doesnt chumby support 802.11g? that would make a bit more sense, because more people have G units. and i know if i had to run either B or G on my router, id run G, just to keep everything else happy.

THIS IS A PROTOTYPE

We're apparently having a wifi driver problem that is exposed when connected to certain Belkin access points.  We're working on it.  When we fix it, we'll issue a firmware update.

The *last* think we need is "facts" flying around that there's some fundamental issue with the whole chumby concept that prevents it from ever working with 802.11g access points.

^^

i know its a prototype, i just wondered why it supports B over G.

username is chumby
password is chumby

Because of a bug in the driver.  The dongle itself is spec'd to be G-capable.

For some reason we have yet to determine, it's not achieving G rates, and is bothered by certain models of access point.

oh right, i thought it was B only, and the issue was connecting to B+G access points.

hell, send one my way, and ill test it on a bunch of access points. i got access to two netgears, a belkin, and whatever i find during a wardrive. most of the access points in my area are unencrpyted, so i could walk past, grab the mac address, check it works, then get the make and model later on from the mac address.

username is chumby
password is chumby

bunnie wrote:

thank you very much for sending us the model number of the AP.

we will acquire a unit and try to debug the problem. I think it is an issue with the open source WLAN driver set we are using, it seems to be an endemic problem with serveral B+G access points. Not sure when a fix is due, but we are on the problem.

enjoy the chumby and thanks for the feedback!

No, Thank you guys for the Chumby!
Great site, Great support, AWESOME product. Keep up the good work guys.

Time to get to the real task at hand..
Making Widgets!