Topic: So far, I like!

Though I think it is weird that Alarm 1 works like the original and Alarm 2 has been updated to be programmable.  Or did I miss something?

Re: So far, I like!

Yes - we left one "simple" alarm, but added the ability to create as many "complex" alarms as you wish.

Some people are intimidated by the new alarm subsystem and need something that's easier to use and configure.

Leaving in the simple alarm was a nice touch.
The "smart alarms" are now invaluable.
I do however set a backup alarm on my phone just in case there is a control panel update that breaks the alarm functionality on the Chumby (don't want to be late for work).

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

4 (edited by pokey 2007-12-04 06:13:04)

GREAT update - this is what I expected Chumby to be!

I would still love the ability to manually advance widgets without using the control panel - maybe one click on the top button to advance one widget, double click to pull up the control panel?

But again, a great, great update!

PS: Radio Paradise would make chumby radio  all the better! www.radioparadise.com

PSS. Did radio paradise suddenly appear on my chumby or did I just miss it before? Either way life is good! Thanks again!

This is endlessly cool... I finally can play songs off a USB drive without having to reboot and use the "poor man's ipod shuffle" scripts!

Loving the podcasts and the fact that you can adjust volumes for alarms...and music... separately.

Finding channel changes a little difficult to get used to. It seems like an extra step to me to have the separate menu... I guess because I hardly ever use the information or refresh functions (I have,just not as much)..

Is there a way to say "play internet radio" for a fixed amount of time?

kathleen wrote:

Is there a way to say "play internet radio" for a fixed amount of time?

Great idea - I think this would be called a "sleep" function

pokey wrote:

PS: Radio Paradise would make chumby radio  all the better! www.radioparadise.com

PSS. Did radio paradise suddenly appear on my chumby or did I just miss it before? Either way life is good! Thanks again!

Radio Paradise appears in the SHOUTcast list most of the time - obviously we don't control the order or availability of stations.

Stations in "Radio Free Chumby" may also come and go - the server validates the links periodically and will disable them temporarily if they become unavailable.

Hi,
So far I love the new audio features. One problem I am having is when I insert my flash drive with some mp3's and select music files from USB I get an error message saying that no music files were found. When I put the flash drive in my computer the music files show up. I am using a Corsair Flash Voyager.

thanks and keep up the good work
John

It may be related to the names of the files - QA seems to have discovered this as well.

Could you please rename one of the files to something very simple like "song1.mp3" and see if it shows up?

I think this particular issue may not be in the Control Panel, but in the firmware, in which case we'll have to wait for a firmware update to fix it completely.

Hi Duane
That fixed it. I changed one song title and left the others and chumby recognized the one with the new name, but not the others.

thanks
John

OK thanks - this appears to be consistent with the issue I mentioned.