1 (edited by m7hacke 2022-08-27 16:47:39)

Topic: Total Newbie

I just got what I think is a Chumby Classic Latte with no documentation from an unknown person.  I cannot get it to even turn on.  I have the AC adapter plugged into the wall and my Chumby.  I press the power button on the back and nothing happens.  I also noticed a hidded switch/button on the top.  There is also a spot in the bottom to plug in a 9V battery.  Please help if you can.

Thank you.

Re: Total Newbie

The classic power supply should output 12 volts, (in case you can check).

The power button on the back turns it on, the button on the top is how you pop back to the control panel (and a few other things) while the chumby is cycling.

The 9v battery is not needed.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thank you so much.  I checked the output of the AC adapter and it was totally dead.  I tried measuring some others to be sure.  I will look around my house and see if I can find another one or MacGyver one.

Interesting, the classic power supplies didn't usually die.

I was able to get a proper power supply working and the Chumby booted right up.  I was also able to connect it to my Wi-Fi. Is there a manual for it online somewhere?

Hmm, not that I know of.

It's pretty easy to figure them out though.  make an account at chumby.com and poke around and see what widgets you might like.

Thank you.

I can't get it to power up again.  I'll hVe to look at the AC adapter again.