Topic: Activating Chumby Classic

I turned my Chumby one off and now when I turn it one for some reason I have to activate it. But the activation screen does not seem to work correctly. When I enter the grid pattern on my chumby, step 4 appears with empty boxes where the chumby ID should appear.
What do I do then? When I leave it empty and press activate it says "Guid has already been taken". When I enter anything, the screen on my chumby stays on "awaiting activation".
It does not seem to work.
And why do I have to activate it anyway. It has worked without problems and I switched it off some months ago also and it did not need activating.

Re: Activating Chumby Classic

Hmmm sounds like a network problem - it's trying to verify that it's activated and somehow failing.  The servers, however, are operating normally, which implies the device can't reach it at that point.

I registered again on the network, that went fine, the cumby gets an ip address, I see it registered in my fritzbox, but the same happens.
And there is communication, when I enter the pattern on the chumby and click next, step 4 appears on the computer. But there is no id there. And when I enter an incorrect pattern, nothing appears.
So what do I do? Is it a browser issue? I have firefox 67.0.4 64bit on windows 7.

It's fixed now. I turned it off and on again and it was registered like it was before.

Almost like they have a mind of their own. One of my Dash units had a blank screen and the other one in the room was fine. I just  restarted it and all was fine again.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.