Topic: Ads. How I'd like to see them, since I suppose I have to....

Although I haven't seen ANY ads yet, I've just read about them here....

I REALLY don't like the idea of ads that appear as discrete widgets that appear between my selected widgets - just like TV ads.  This is a big reason why I really don't watch much TV at all.

It seems like something along the lines of "banner ads" like you see on most website now would work.  There's not a lot of screen realestate to work with, but there's SOME room there.  The Flickr slideshow viewer keeps a flickr logo in the corner, as does the cheezeburger cats clock.  This is unobtrusive, and get their logo in my head.  I've got no problems with it.

In soccer games, there's no time for ads on TV (maybe that's part of my attraction to soccer...), but they manage to get sponsor's pitches in where they can - in the score-strip, on the field, the commentators, etc.  They're denied TV's 'standard' ad breaks that they get for Basketball/Football/Baseball, but they came up with creative ways to keep the sponsor's message coming - so they can put the games on the air.

I guess I'm just saying that I really hope that if Chumby decides they NEED to continue showing ads (like I said - so far,  haven't seen ANY - but my Chumby's only 5 days old) they are creative about it and find an unobtrusive way to stick 'em in there, rather than go to the "TV model" that it sounds like they're starting with.

Since we're apparently stuck with Ads on our Chumbys - does anyone else out there have any ideas for ads that they would tolerate?  Is there someway that sponsored widgets could provide 'click-thru' feedback to sponsors - i.e. - touch the ad, you get an email from the sponsor or something?