Topic: How to browse YouTube site on Sony Dash HID-C10 (chumby software)

Hello good evening

I have a Sony Dash HID-C10 device and have installed an chumby software To be able to use the Internet Because the Sony system does not support Wi-Fi connection for some reason I do not know.

The problem I'm having now is that I can not browse YouTube on the browser after installing the new system (chumby software) and can browse other sites like Google but even when searching the new site, i cant open youtube site on chumby ?

the problem occurred with anyone and could have gone without adding channels with the fees.

any help guys to to open youtube site on (chumby software).

Thanks.

Re: How to browse YouTube site on Sony Dash HID-C10 (chumby software)

any help please ?

Sorry, I do not have a Sony Dash to test.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Youtube support for the Sony dash was discontinued several years ago.  Back then Youtube basically dropped support for most third party products, including a large fraction of Sony products, as well as Samsung and LG.

The browser in the dash does not support the playback of video, nor does it support many sites using SSL (i.e. https).

This has nothing to do with the chumby software, which only replaces the Control Panel - the browser is unmodified from the version Sony provided.

If you want to play Youtube videos, I suggest you use another device.

Please do not crosspost in other sections of the forum.

5 (edited by ashakt 2018-12-07 10:21:24)

Thank you for the clarification
Can I add a program to run YouTube on the device
Unfortunately, it is disappointing to have this device

No, Youtube no longer officially supports third party apps - only its own apps and full modern browsers.

This is not something we have any control over - you should probably consider directing your disappointment to Sony and/or Youtube.

OK thank you man

you are very helpfull

Although videos play very well on the Dash, it is a pretty small screen to use to watch YouTube anyway. A 7" tablet would be a better choice to watch YouTube vids. Especially since the Dash is tied to the wall plug. Chumby devices were meant to be constantly running in a certain place in your home/office to keep you informed or entertained as you went through your day. The apps can cycle around throughout the day with things you are interested in. News, sport scores, jokes etc while music was playing in the  background. I did watch some vids back when sony was still supporting it. It will play vids off a jump drive if it is the proper file type. It is amazing that these old units are still working in any way. Duane has done a great job keeping this ecosystem going.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.