Re: Network connection keeps dropping.

Set up SSH to be on all the time at some point when you can get into it.

https://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title … at_startup

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thank you for the pointer... there were several good tricks from me to try so I can recover from foolishly not enabling SSH permanently a long time ago.

I tried the 'start-sshd' empty file on the USB trick, but didn't work. 
I also tried the 'debugchumby' script file, but that didn't seem to work either...
(tried various commands like 'touch /psp/start_sshd', 'ping ...', and 'echo 1 > /proc/chumby/touchscreen/touchclick')
BTW, I get a 'connection refused' in TeraTerm.  I can ping it.

Since none of that worked, I guess I will have to try loading a software update via USB and see if that gets me further...
unless there are some other ideas.

Thanks!

Decided to give up for the time being on using the USB...

I just changed the DNS server to respond with the chumby address to get it working...as 69ragtop did.. and it works for me also, as expected.  So the dash/chumby is happy again!

Can now fiddle with SSH and see if I can figure out why the hosts file isn't working.

Thanks again!

Duane wrote:

We'll try to address this issue on the next release.

I just ran into this issue on a recently acquired dash. Did I miss a release? wink

No, there was no update for this, however, you can add the two lines that fix this issue to the "debugchumby" script.

I changed routers recently and now my Dash also keeps saying "Internet Unavailable". I can see it gets an IP address from my router but I can't SSH to it or anything. I tried disabling firewall and that doesn't work either (my other 20+ devices connected to the router all work fine). I don't see an option to set a static DNS entry for the chumby address in my router that 69ragtop or dasher did to resolve. Interestingly, if I use my phone as a hotspot, the Dash connects fine and SSH works, so there's something in my router that's blocking it. Any idea if there's some settings I need to change?

It sounds like you've done all the obvious stuff.  The Chumby Control Panel still uses the built-in network middleware from Sony, so there may not be much we can do if it's some low-level incompatibility.

You should be able to set a static IP for the chumby in the network wizard.  I don't recall if there's a way to set the DNS server IP.