1 (edited by guilliamo 2018-01-08 21:09:07)

Topic: Bump: New Year Photos Help Request

Chumby-Dash Newbie help request: It seems that I should be able to view .jpg formatted photos on a thumb drive in at least two ways:

1) The "USB Photos" app

2) The built-in "Photos" function

Found a lot posted here about the script needed for the "USB Photos" app, and have tried but not succeeded so far with getting a photo to display. Seems I have not found a set-by-step that is Dash specific AND clear enough for me to follow successfully. Anyone who is successful able to post such ? I get to the blue "script required" screen, and then stuck forever on "Loading Filelist".

WRT the built-in "Photos" function, I have not found much posted. The built-in "Music" and "Video" functions seem to work perfectly for me, within the MP3 & MP4 formats that the Chumby-Dash can use. "Photos" seem to start OK, getting as far as displaying a pretty screen of .jpg thumbnails. I can highlight a thumbnail, but either "Play Selected" -or- "Play All" gets a black screen with a rotating symbol and "Loading image", again stuck forever. Any fix for this ?

Thanks & Happy New Year
G

Re: Bump: New Year Photos Help Request

I have the same problem of not being able to have photo slideshow (especially with clock overlay). I have gotten space theme to show small slideshow sometimes.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

I have the same problem. Did anyone get around to making it work?

Bump again!

There are numerous threads on this issue and posts get many hundreds of views. Surely someone has ideas of what to do or try, please !

Another new month, another bump !!! NOT lazy just need a little help !

I know only how to use the USB Photo widget.  You may have the same problem I did, which I solved by starting the webserver on the Dash.  see my other thread on it for some details.

hth,
F