Topic: chumby sadness... developers out there come make me happy!

Well I received my Chumby yesterday, rushed to get it open and running, only to run into the 'cannot access chumby.com' error.  I live in a wireless neighborhood and we have to enter usernames and passwords to access the net every 8 hours to make sure no one is stealing our internet.  I did everything other people did with their chumbys on this forum such as registering my MAC address but still I get nothing.  When I brought my chumby to the tech support, they said that the only way to get it to work is to load a simple browser such as firefox portable that can run prior to the dashboard being loaded.  Chumby developers, can you hear me?  The same problem happened with the Ipod touch, but the first service pack fixed the issue because of communities like mine.   Please help, I do not need a 200 clock that does absolutely nothing other than tell time.

Re: chumby sadness... developers out there come make me happy!

Is it possible to share a connection across a computer that works as a proxy? That way just write a script that keeps the host computer online and your chumby will just use that access point?

-John Forsythe
www.jforsythe.com