Topic: Clock Undefined

Good Morning

I am setting up my second Sony Dash today and for some reason I am not able to set Clock 1 or 2 on the Digital Clock App.
It says "undefined" even when I put in a time zone and city.

The first one seemed to work just fine.

Any clue what I am missing

Thanks

Bob

Re: Clock Undefined

I fear that there is a minor bug somewhere that might be connected to my initial setup.  I used an " 's " in the name and I wonder if there is a connection there. +

I seem to have some settings that can't be changed like a channel named unsubscribed. 

I uninstalled the operating system and reinstalled it twice.  I even went as far as rebooting it with the OEM Sony Software but every time I reload Chumby I get the same default setting (Weather City, Time Zones and such).

The world won't end, I bought this simply for the nice Clock Feature but it would be nice to get this to work properly

I'm not exactly clear on what you're suggesting, but I'll take a guess. 

The only place a name for a chumby or dash is stored is in the backend server.  So if you want to change it, just delete the device from your account, and re-register it with a new name.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

If you are not subscribed you will only have unsubscribed available. That name cannot be changed.
Maybe you could clarify your situation to get proper help. We have a lot of good helpers on this forum

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

You can rename a chumby device by logging into the main website, then selecting the menu item "my chumby"->"my chumbys".  Select the chumby from the "select a chumby" popup menu, then hit the "rename" link just under the popup.  You'll have to reboot the device for it to take effect.