1 (edited by jaydamuss 2017-12-03 17:19:10)

Topic: Chumby wont install

i have installed firmware 1526 with the 4 unbrick files (as touch screen is disabled and still is with 1526, cant factory reset)
when i install chumby it all works fine its activated i have subscribed and intalled apps then i unplug it and  then goes back to sony network thing, if i put usb with chumby on it it says install chumby again (uninstall is dimmed out), it wont install and stay.
if i install again with usb i need to setup network location time etc every time i restart...
my cp is 4.10.0 sw is 1.7.0 and browser version says 'unknown'
cheer

unbrick log                pastebin.com/5GcQit3B
update_phase1 log     pastebin.com/YaRCu7tb

Re: Chumby wont install

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

"chumby won't install", "when i install chumby it all works fine", "goes back to sony network thing"

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9938

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

sorry it didnt make sence, i can install chumby but apon restart its back to the sony security question, i used PuTTY to enter each of  this
echo x > /psp/securityAnswer
echo y > /psp/securityQuestion
and restarted still with sony security question,

If you mean it's asking you about the network, and you did what you said, then I dunno, just hit cancel.

message i get is
error: unable to download the control panel (no download information available)...
so would this mean i have not installed chumby correctly thanks

Every time I ask something, you answer something different.

Does it start up with the chumby animation? if not, then you've uninstalled the chumby patch.

7 (edited by jaydamuss 2017-12-03 22:00:26)

sorry if im not making it easy to understand, if i start it with usb and install the patch it works fine with chumby animation untill i restart the unit then in goes back to
error: unable to download the control panel (no download information available)...etc
it seems its not installing for me, only temporally from usb
what i would think should happen is install the patch from usb, setup and activate download etc, remove usb permanently and still there if you reboot the unit

jaydamuss wrote:

swhat i would think should happen is install the patch from usb, setup and activate download etc, remove usb permanently and still there if you reboot the unit

That's the way it normally works.

9 (edited by jaydamuss 2017-12-04 13:05:59)

sadly thats not working for me that way, only temporarily,
i did try this but still the same outcome
echo x > /psp/securityAnswer
echo y > /psp/securityQuestion

10 (edited by drexful 2017-12-04 16:53:54)

Grab the 1526 Firmware from https://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9758 rename to update.zip and place it in the root of the usb drive. Unplug the dash and plugin while holding top button until you see special options.. They select install update.

Then try to reinstall ChumbDash software..

Also try a different usb drive - smaller, older ones seem to work better.

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

the only way i can upgrade or downgrade firmware is from the 4 file unbrick (maybe my hardware is crook)
when i place many USB sticks even a 128mb card it just wont let me press any buttons in the special options.
just to confirm i already have 1526 installed.
when i put the ChumbDash usb in i hit install and it says intalling chumby then resuming chumby setup etc.
i put network details in then activate etc all good until i restart... then its all gone and back to sony network

It sounds like part of the filesystem or partitions are corrupt. Or they could be locked? I hope the bootloader is ok.. A factory wipe might resolve the issue if you haven't tried that yet.

Steps for special options, then select restore factory settings
https://youtu.be/a31dMV8HFjw?t=7m2s

Chumby install on Dash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcrM2JTDCJc

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

ok its become a lot clearer now, i seem to have a corupt dash or partition
i purchased it used not working and it seems to have missing file system or something

when installing the sony 1526 firmware it gets to the end of installing and it restarts to straight to sony network NOT the sony welcome video as the youtube video above
is there another way to factory restore as under special options everything has allways been greyed out,

i can temp install chumby dash as ssh with putty maybe a restore/format partition command or maybe copy the sony oem dash over as maybe its missing .. or maybe bin it and get another smile

14 (edited by BoloMKXXVIII 2017-12-05 03:59:37)

jaydamuss wrote:

ok its become a lot clearer now, i seem to have a corupt dash or partition
i purchased it used not working and it seems to have missing file system or something

when installing the sony 1526 firmware it gets to the end of installing and it restarts to straight to sony network NOT the sony welcome video as the youtube video above
is there another way to factory restore as under special options everything has allways been greyed out,

i can temp install chumby dash as ssh with putty maybe a restore/format partition command or maybe copy the sony oem dash over as maybe its missing .. or maybe bin it and get another smile

Don't bin it. Even not working it may be useful for parts to keep another Dash working.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

i will keep it and try and find another one sad
so there isn't a SSH command to reset to factory setting or is it beyond that

https://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=57150#p57150