Topic: Screen Flicker

First, Thank you for getting my Chumbydash working!

I was wondering if anyone was getting the screen to flicker to black for about a second.  This occurs about every 15 or so minutes.  I noticed it on the Sky Happenings app and then I changed to the default clock and it happens there also.  I have my app on the full screen mode all of the time.  Thanks for any thoughts or solutions!

Re: Screen Flicker

My Dash does the same thing on the clock.  I also have it full screen.

Yep, same thing with both of mine.
Certainly not a deal breaker or complaint, but 'cha can't fix it if ya don't know about it.

Also, THANKS VERY MUCH for all the effort Duane, diamaunt, and the others have put into resurrecting our otherwise "Sony Bricks". Without your help and hand-holding there would be many of us still crying in our Corn Flakes daily.

Awesome job!

oldguy wrote:

Yep, same thing with both of mine.
Certainly not a deal breaker or complaint, but 'cha can't fix it if ya don't know about it.

Indeed, we always want to know about probable bugs, even if they're almost more of a quirk like that one.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Maybe it's just me, but after a few weeks of use, I see this happen mostly on the no subscription Chumby clock - the other displays, not so much.

Hopefully this helps trace down the source.

oldguy wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but after a few weeks of use, I see this happen mostly on the no subscription Chumby clock - the other displays, not so much.

Hopefully this helps trace down the source.

Turns out I was mistaken, it happens an other clocks as well.

All 3 of my Dashes flicker regularly.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.