Topic: C8 comes out of night mode at wrong time

I have my c8 set to go into night mode at 11 pm, awake at 4:30 am - has worked fine until now. Goes to night mode on time, but will often awake  some time later, long before 4:30 am.

Has something changed?

Re: C8 comes out of night mode at wrong time

Mine does the same thing, I believe it's a bad widget that's causing the CP to reboot.  Have you changed anything recently?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:

Mine does the same thing, I believe it's a bad widget that's causing the CP to reboot.  Have you changed anything recently?

No, I haven't changed anything recently,  but earlier today it did reboot - hadn't noticed that until now.

4 (edited by ccchuck 2017-09-27 11:49:03)

I will see if my chum-DASH has the same problem

edit: chum-Dash sees to be working correctly.

My c8 continues to have this problem, at times it appears to reboot instead of entering night mode.

My C8 has always had this problem since I got it about two years ago.
I seem to recall that there was some discussion of the issue in the forums, but I can't find it right at the moment.
My recollection was that there was an identified issue with the C8 that led to this problem, and that there was a work around that involved setting a chron job to periodically put the C8 back into night mode.

An interesting point that has only just occurred to me is that I have two C8s, and only one has the problem. They are both in the same room, so it would be quite clear if the other one was out of night mode when it shouldn't be.
The one that doesn't have the problem doesn't do as much as the one that does. The non-problem one only runs the ClockR widget, whilst the other one runs a fairly extensive variety of clock and content widgets.