Topic: Need link to Chumby ONE SD Card firmware loading instructions

Tried the instructions for reloading firmware via USB and the "loading special options" screen appears but the Special Options menu never appears.  It just reboots over and over.  I have it on a lab power supply @5V to rule out power supply problems.

I think I need to reload the SD Card directly but can't find the instructions for doing that. A pointer to instructions would be helpful. (Given enough time, I might be able to figure it out from the updater.sh file in the update.tar file but hopefully someone has a recipe.)

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Need link to Chumby ONE SD Card firmware loading instructions

The easiest thing would be to copy the SD card from another c1.   I don't have a copy of the sd card handy, and I haven't ever messed with the c1 to that level.  Most of my playing has been with the i8/c8, where (best as I remember, (it's been a few years)) there's four partitions, I believe, two of them are copies of what's in rfs.tar, and then there's the psp partition, and the boot partition.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Check the wiki for firmware and update instructions.

I think he's got the firmware, but it's not loading normally, as I understand it, and he wants to create a new microsd directly.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I think this might work - it's a falconwing SD image:

http://files.blueocty.com/firmware/info … ng.img.zip

Size is 74901978 bytes.

Don't worry that URL has "infocast" in it - both the C1 and I3.5 are "falconwing" devices.

Ok, burned the rom-falconwing.img to an SD card and Chumby still wouldn't successfully load "special options" or complete a normal startup to the welcome automated message.  But when I removed the internal WiFi USB PC card, it reached the welcome automated message.  Then I tried several of the USB dongles I had around but it couldn't get an IP address from any of them so I guess they weren't the right chipset.  I found a link to WL-685R 802.11G WLAN COMPACT USB ADAPTER in an old post and have it on order from eBay.

In the meantime, I don't understand why I still can't get into the "Special Options" screen.  It says "loading Special Options" but then just reboots into a normal startup mode.  I did find raising the input voltage to 5.2V resulted in a more reliable normal startup.  Is there anything in the voltage regulator circuit in the Chumby that could be a problem?  I am powering it from a lab supply.

Thanks,

Rick