Topic: Schedule Screen Night Mode

Is there any way to set a screen on and off schedule like Sony had built in.  I miss the screen going off when I go to bed and being on when I wake up each day.  I am using the night mode buttons now but would like automatic mode.

Re: Schedule Screen Night Mode

I'm not having any trouble with that, both of mine even remembered the schedules I had before the epic "Chumbification".

Try tapping the large button on top, select Menu, Clock & Weather, Events. This where you would enter new scheduled items.

Good luck!

It's working properly for me too.  In fact, Duane fixed a bug where apps would stop rotating after resuming from night mode.

raylang99 wrote:

Is there any way to set a screen on and off schedule like Sony had built in.  I miss the screen going off when I go to bed and being on when I wake up each day.  I am using the night mode buttons now but would like automatic mode.

Those options are under menu/clock&weather/events/add event/ nightmode on, nightmode off. which I think is where they used to be.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

My problem is that I forgot where that setting was after not having used it in so many years.

6 (edited by jhonryan 2017-08-16 12:28:34)

rosic wrote:

My problem is that I forgot where that setting was after not having used it in so many years.

The downside about a smart-clock.  Kind of hard to forget how to work a wind-up alarm clock.

jhonryan wrote:
rosic wrote:

The downside about a smart-clock.  Kind of hard to forget how to work a wind-up alarm clock.

Although...  I really don't think that I can accurately recall how to work a wind up alarm clock without having one in front of me to experiment on. I think there was some little doo-dad on the top of the clock that had something to do with the alarm function. You may have lifted it up or pushed it down to activate the alarm, which I think you set using a little wheel on the back of the clock.

steelpaw wrote:

Although...  I really don't think that I can accurately recall how to work a wind up alarm clock without having one in front of me to experiment on. I think there was some little doo-dad on the top of the clock that had something to do with the alarm function. You may have lifted it up or pushed it down to activate the alarm, which I think you set using a little wheel on the back of the clock.

Well played, steelpaw.  Well played.

9 (edited by raylang99 2017-08-18 09:04:41)

Thanks everybody for pointing that out, I got all excited and went to add a schedule and got all the way to the keyboard to name it and found that my keyboard is bigger than the screen.  I can't get to the next or save button on the keyboard.  Am I not getting fit to screen?

http://i.imgur.com/FrtBUst.jpg

dropbox doesn't really work for inlining an image, since you have to have a url for the image itself, not for a web page with the image.  you can just post the dropbox page, or use a image hosting service, like imgur.

All that said, we haven't seen the 'too big keyboard' since the EARLY betas.

Can you post a pic if the system information screen?

Wow, that was a quick reply! You guys are awesome!  Thanks for the tip on photos.  Now using Imgur.  Here is the Info.

http://i.imgur.com/dEjCMCR.jpg

Hmm, I'd hoped I'd see something there that looked wrong to me... We'll have to wait for Duane to weigh in.

Huh, that's weird - OK, I'll see if I can figure out a set of steps to reproduce that and fix it.

I ran into that big, offset keyboard sometime last week. As I recall, the night mode clock screen was offset like that too. I rebooted (unplugged then plugged back in) which resolved it and I haven't had the problem since.

I've been loving my Chumbydash, thanks so much, and I was very happy to see all my alarms and events still there after the change.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that I can still tap the little bell to the left of an alarm to turn that alarm on or off.

But I can't tap the little clock to the left of an event to turn that event on or off. Tapping it goes to the event edit screen.

I'm hoping that's an easy change that can be looked into some day when there's time to deal with the minor stuff.

Big Thanks to RAB on the reboot to fix big keyboard.  It worked.

I am having this issue also.  I tried rebooting, but no luck!!

raylang99 wrote:

Thanks everybody for pointing that out, I got all excited and went to add a schedule and got all the way to the keyboard to name it and found that my keyboard is bigger than the screen.  I can't get to the next or save button on the keyboard.  Am I not getting fit to screen?

http://i.imgur.com/FrtBUst.jpg