Topic: Will Sony brick it if you submit your SN and get the radio/speaker?

I don't see this specifically addressed anywhere.
I put an old build on mine and it was fine. I just put Chumby on it and I like it.
The "representative" at Sony on the phone was clueless about my question, even though he acknowledged having had many calls about this. By requesting (or following through) the refund, does that make them SPECIFICALLY able to brick my Dash?
Legally or technically?
Assuming what you know today, after October 1st, will these still even run?

Re: Will Sony brick it if you submit your SN and get the radio/speaker?

As far as I know, there is no technical mechanism that would permit them to install firmware once the chumby patches are installed, because one of the things it does is shut down the Sony middleware during the boot process, so it's no longer running once the blue dots have gone by.  I think at that point, the device has not yet fetched a manifest that would contain any update information.

We also add an entry to the device's "hosts" file to redirect one of the sony.com domains to a chumby server, so that any such request that the middleware might make never makes it to Sony's servers.

If you leave the system in stock condition such that the boot process completes, it may be the case, but I cannot confirm one way or another, that the device's serial number is uploaded to their server as part of the manifest request.  We have no insight as to what happens after that.

We cannot speak to any possible legal issues, as we are not lawyers.

Re: Will Sony brick it if you submit your SN and get the radio/speaker?

Thank you for your well-considered reply!