Topic: Duane! Diamaunt! Y'all are AWESOME!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
The Chumbification worked like a charm!
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Re: Duane! Diamaunt! Y'all are AWESOME!

alphabeta22 wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
The Chumbification worked like a charm!
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Thanks, we do our best to make this all work.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

3 (edited by alphabeta22 2017-08-06 19:23:04)

Cant wait til we can start adding apps and such! Right now, nice to have a clean screen without having to worry about the stupid popup! Thank you guys!
edit- I see the channels from my real Chumby are showing up already! YAHOO!

alphabeta22 wrote:

Cant wait til we can start adding apps and such! Right now, nice to have a clean screen without having to worry about the stupid popup! Thank you guys!
edit- I see the channels from my real Chumby are showing up already! YAHOO!

You can add apps now, just subscribe over on www.chumby.com.

There are some widgets that don't work, but the vast majority do.   well over a thousand.

Ah, I see your edit... well, I'll leave the comment for anybody else that might be wondering.

Respect!

Duane and the supporting cast have pulled off a tough task.

Kudos to you guys.

6 (edited by alphabeta22 2017-08-06 21:18:35)

Duane/Diamaunt....for some reason one of mine didnt register to my account, so I was going to do it again, reset it to factory, and updated to the correct firmware, then did the Chumbization again, and it wont let me reregister it. How can I force it??

NM...I figured it out!

Works like a charm!
I love the plain time/weather theme.

Thank you guys for this amazing piece of work!

Off to subscribe now! :-)

Alaric11

alphabeta22 wrote:

Duane/Diamaunt....for some reason one of mine didnt register to my account, so I was going to do it again, reset it to factory, and updated to the correct firmware, then did the Chumbization again, and it wont let me reregister it. How can I force it??

NM...I figured it out!

For others that might run into the problem, what did you figure out?

diamaunt wrote:
alphabeta22 wrote:

NM...I figured it out!

For others that might run into the problem, what did you figure out?

Well, even though the Chumdash didnt show up in my dropdown list, I went to the deactivate, and manually entered in all the things show on the device info screen, which included the ID and the name I had previously given it. It successfully deactivated, I rebooted the Chumdash, and I successfully registered it and it now shows up in my ID list! Dont know why it picked up the name and all that info, but wasnt showing in my ID, as I was signed in. Just one of those flukes! Having fun going through apps again! Sorry for the delay in answering! Thanks for checking back with me though! VERY appreciated!

I got my Dash working and I've activated it and I have an active Chumby subscription.  I can load any of the three themes, but I can't get any apps to load. 

After I select a channel, it just shows the theme screen and apps never load.

Did I miss something?

My Chumby subscription is under jbenson77

P.S.  Thanks for resuscitating the DASH - my was headed for the trash!

jbenson77 wrote:

I got my Dash working and I've activated it and I have an active Chumby subscription.  I can load any of the three themes, but I can't get any apps to load. 

After I select a channel, it just shows the theme screen and apps never load.

Did I miss something?

My Chumby subscription is under jbenson77

P.S.  Thanks for resuscitating the DASH - my was headed for the trash!

Did you restart the chumbified dash after subscribing? Or was the subscription already active when you registered?
I have read somewhere that you need to restart if you newly subscribed, so the device registers the subscription.

Cheers,

Alaric11

My Dash is loading apps.  I was stupidly using the Clock/Weather theme which doesn't include app display.

I noticed that my chumbified Dash no longer lights the Sony logo ... is this on purpose? Poetic justice nevertheless :-)

My wife says to give you two a Big Hug!!!  Both Dashes are now Chumbified and working great!  Many, many thanks!!

alaric11 wrote:

Did you restart the chumbified dash after subscribing? Or was the subscription already active when you registered?
I have read somewhere that you need to restart if you newly subscribed, so the device registers the subscription.

It's not necessary to restart the dash after subscribing, but it may take a while for it to check again with the servers.

You can cause it to check immediately by going into 'themes and apps' then 'change channels'.

patvan wrote:

I noticed that my chumbified Dash no longer lights the Sony logo ... is this on purpose? Poetic justice nevertheless :-)

That's mentioned in my video.

Did you want that bit of  "SONY" advertising glowing balefully at you?

In general, if you make a change to a channel on the website, you should reselect the channel on the device to force it to reload.

I wanted to also add some kudos for the web interface.  Not only was it really clear and simple to activate the Dashes, but adding my own app was a breeze!  (Unlike the S website which I found awkward and often times unresponsive.....)  Great job!!!

tomw2 wrote:

I wanted to also add some kudos for the web interface.  Not only was it really clear and simple to activate the Dashes, but adding my own app was a breeze!  (Unlike the S website which I found awkward and often times unresponsive.....)  Great job!!!

The chumby site has always been good, and Duane and I (mainly Duane) worked really hard on making it work well and reliably when we relaunched it three years ago.

We care, and I like to think it shows.

Duane came up with the ovals activation process way back when... I think it's genius, it makes the process of registering so quick and easy... No long strings of numbers to type in smile

patvan wrote:

Although Sony sucks for doing this to us, I would still like that to light up.

Wow.  Thanks for the patch.  IT works great now.  I just subscribed so will check out the apps when I get home.  Thanks, guys!

diamaunt wrote:
tomw2 wrote:

The chumby site has always been good, and Duane and I (mainly Duane) worked really hard on making it work well and reliably when we relaunched it three years ago.

Duane came up with the ovals activation process way back when... I think it's genius, it makes the process of registering so quick and easy... No long strings of numbers to type in smile

Loved the ovals.  Much easier then typing a bunch of letters/numbers.

englishmandan wrote:

It'd be cool if it could just light up the "O" and the "N".

24 (edited by Bron 2017-08-07 15:01:49)

diamaunt wrote:
tomw2 wrote:

Agreed about the Oval Reg process. My exact thought was "Genius!" - so much better than any other reg process I've used. So much easier than typing in a string of letters and numbers or whatever. Kudos!

Oh, and I am quite fine with SONY logo being turned off. Never liked it anyway.

jhonryan wrote:
englishmandan wrote:

It'd be cool if it could just light up the "O" and the "N".

A couple bits of black tape could make that happen big_smile

There's only one LED behind there, with a light pipe bringing it out to the front.