Topic: Dropped it!

My wheelchair footrest got tangled in the cord and my Chumby fell from my desk onto the floor, smack onto the LCD screen. The screen is cracked.  Mostly the Chumby still works, but some information on the screen is obscured.

I was thinking (aside from "please please replace my Chumby") that here is a possible modification to the casing. Put some weights on the back and see if you can get it to reliably land butter side up...

- Liz

Re: Dropped it!

So I'm wondering if I can get a replacement sceen and repair it myself? What LCD screen is it and is it hard to replace?

3 (edited by csawran 2010-03-01 15:43:18)

Re: Dropped it!

Sadly, I just did the same with my Chumby One...  There's a nice crack down the screen - it still displays everything fine, but the touch input is now only a thing of the past...

I attempted to find another "Nanovision TFT LCD 320x240 w/ 4 wire resistive touch" component, but never found a match from Digikey or even on a broad google search...  there are a ton of LCD panels w/ resistive touch, but I have no idea which may be compatible with the chumby board/software...  any tips on finding the exact part replacement, or a list of criteria for finding a compatible alternative? 

I'm a computer engineer  so am not afraid of technical jargon.. but mostly stick to software drivers and protocols, so need a bit of a push in the right direction in procuring hardware... since I can't just compile and download myself a new display...

any advice (on this subject wink ) appreciated...

- chris