Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

If all I have is the clock does that mean we will have to do something in order to get to the point where the Cumby will work?

Dashes are going to be working properly soon. Keep checking back for how and when that will happen. There will be an update available to work with firmware 1.7.1526.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

403 (edited by boiler91 2017-07-18 18:18:44)

You are the man.  The unbricker worked once I found a USB drive that the Dash would read.  I can't wait to get this thing back up and running.

Thanks again.

I have a Dash and hope support will be continued!

scfleads wrote:

Would the efforts to keep it alive keep the look and sounds the same, or are they owned by The Company that Shall Not Be Named? I love the "chime" noise for my alarm clock, and I'm ready to get out some recording equipment to preserve the sound if necessary.

that sound is on the dash in /usr/chumby/alarmtones/alarm6.mp3

and, since it's there, it's available as an alarm in the chumdash patch.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have a C10 Dash.  Thank you for your hard work.

One dash, in kitchen. Super excited about all this! smile

I have a Sony Dash, my wife mainly uses it for weather.  I am not opposed to sending compensation for your efforts Duane. Please let me know.

Thanks

I have 1!

I have a Sony Dash

I have 2 Dashes, and I miss them! Glad to hear I may get them back soon.

412 (edited by Bluefyre 2017-07-19 20:02:39)

I have a dash too.  Thanks for the ability to unbrick it.  I thought it was a goner!  I believe it is a C10.  I can't believe they would send an update to kill unsupported devices.  That's dirty.

I have a Dash

I own a HID-C10.

I have one. I ignored the bricking update, and it's still running for now. I've unplugged it just to be safe in the hopes that this update will be available to make it live on.

I have 2 Sony Dash C10's and will subscribe when a fix comes for these devices.

I found an HID-C10 in an electronics recycling bin yesterday morning. I unbricked it following the instructions I found in this forum via a Google search. I subscribed to Chumby this morning. Looking forward to the release of the software that will allow me to use this super-cool device!

Ethan

edoleu wrote:

I found an HID-C10 in an electronics recycling bin yesterday morning. I unbricked it following the instructions I found in this forum via a Google search. I subscribed to Chumby this morning. Looking forward to the release of the software that will allow me to use this super-cool device!

Ethan

Awesome!

I have one Dash which got bricked by Sony's latest update, but I managed to unbrick it using Duane's instructions and software.  Looking forward to getting back to greater functionality as and when it is offered by Chumby.

Duane wrote:
edoleu wrote:

Ethan

Awesome!

+1

Duane wrote:
edoleu wrote:

Ethan

Awesome!

I wonder if a certain shadowy multinational conglomerate will now extend it's tentacles to a global dumpster dive in search of lonely, orphaned HID-C10s... tongue

dashedhopes wrote:
Duane wrote:
edoleu wrote:

Ethan

Awesome!

I wonder if a certain shadowy multinational conglomerate will now extend it's tentacles to a global dumpster dive in search of lonely, orphaned HID-C10s... tongue

We might have to expand the ranks of volunteer agents.

diamaunt wrote:

We might have to expand the ranks of volunteer agents.

Each tentacle needs to recruit 6 (errr... 8) others!

Count me as another Dash owner, mourning the bricking of my fav alarm.  And hoping for a successful Save!

daknife wrote:

Count me as another Dash owner, mourning the bricking of my fav alarm.  And hoping for a successful Save!

Have you unbricked it yet?