Topic: Flickr Widget

I can add it to a channel but when I click Authenticate I always get "Error. Please try again later." I'd love to have this work.

Thanks for bringing the service back up. I'll be subscribing later today.

Re: Flickr Widget

I'm guessing that the authentication mechanism used for this has broken since the service was last active.  This was written with Flickr had its own account system, but now they require using a Yahoo! account.  I tried setting up a Flickr viewer using just a non-authenticated search and saw API errors on the device.

I'll take a look - as unwiredben says, some things have changed with Flickr.

OK, thanks.

I did get it work using the RSS feed from my photo stream, though that's limited in the number of photos it returns.

5 (edited by ai4c 2014-07-12 00:24:27)

Hope it gets updated, would love to have my 70 year old mom resurrect the InfoCast8 I gave her to use as a picture frame. Would love to see the widget use a guest pass instead of the RSS, since the RSS is limited to the most recent items.

Looking at the PHPShowPlus widget, I got an idea: change the server-side PhP code in xml.php to go to the Flickr URL, parse the HTML, get image URLs of the form <server>.staticflickr.com/.../<image>.<ext>, and just return those, resized by a customized image.php. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

6 (edited by Kurtois 2014-07-15 12:00:37)

Add me to the list of interested parties in a good working Flickr widget.

OK Flickr is *mostly* working.

The only thing that does not appear to be working is looking at other users' public photos - it still shows everybody's.  However, you should be able to show your own photos and do tag searches, etc.

After you configure it on the site, you should reload your channel.

Kudos, thank you! Glad to see my subscription go toward some good work.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Flickr was one of my 'must have' apps!

Duane wrote:

OK Flickr is *mostly* working.

The only thing that does not appear to be working is looking at other users' public photos - it still shows everybody's.  However, you should be able to show your own photos and do tag searches, etc.

After you configure it on the site, you should reload your channel.

Help!

With photobucket springing a leak this is my best hope, but  my photos or my public photos options never complete.