1 (edited by mobius 2017-04-06 09:38:45)

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Thank you, Duane! As both a Chumby and Dash owner, I really appreciate you opening this area back up.

I have 2 Dashes and 4 chumbys.  I look forward to any type of firmware updates.

Topic: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I'm trying to determine how much interest there may be in us offering support for the dash.

This should not be interpreted as a commitment to doing so - there are a lot technical hurdles and work to make something happen.  I just want to see if it's worth the effort.

I have 2 chumbys, 1 dash.

I have a dash.

6 (edited by demarks51 2017-04-07 07:39:01)

I have 3 Dash units.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

I have a black Dash and a newer orange Dash.  I would love to keep them both running.  They are useful to me because of the always on screen time and date.

I can't do anything about the B70 version of the dash.

Chumby was not involved at all with the development of that device, so we have no idea how it works.  I don't even have one. As far as I know, they never posted a firmware update for that device, so there's nothing to take apart to see if there are any opportunities to support it.

Yes!  I have 3 C10s and am thrilled that there's any possibility they will function beyond Sony's July sunsetting. 

Thank you for sizing it up and asking about interest.

I have 7 Dash units. Mainly for weather graphics (I live in tornado country)

I've got a Dash and despite my many Chumbys, I am keen to see the Dash continue.
As an aside - there was an orange Dash??!!

steelpaw wrote:

I've got a Dash and despite my many Chumbys, I am keen to see the Dash continue.
As an aside - there was an orange Dash??!!

Yes.  The hardware is very nice and it has a battery.  I can't tell any difference in the software.

Chumby had no involvement whatsoever in the development of the B7/B70 version of the dash.  Sony basically hired a Taiwan-based manufacturer to make it as a low-cost variant of the C10.  We met with them a couple of times at the beginning of the project and didn't hear from them after that, until we saw prototype devices showing up on the servers.

I have 2 Dash C10 units.

It turns out we *do* have access to a B70 - we'll take a look to see if it's also salvageable.

Duane wrote:

It turns out we *do* have access to a B70 - we'll take a look to see if it's also salvageable.

Thanks!

I've got a Dash, would love to see it hooked back to Chumby again.

I have a Sony dash c10 and I thought it was going to be dead by July. It would be great if it still has some life left. I look forward to see what is going to happen

I've got an original Sony Dash C10 that's still in active use.  Very happy to see efforts to support them.

1st post, I have a C10.  smile

unwiredben wrote:

I've got an original Sony Dash C10 that's still in active use.  Very happy to see efforts to support them.

Ditto.

Just saw the post on reddit and am excited that there is hope for my C10!

I have 3 dash units that I would love to keep working.

May I humbly suggest that if you own a Dash and do not currently have a subscription to the Chumby service, please consider subscribing. While Duane is a great guy, he cannot provide this wonderful service to us just out of the goodness of his heart. He has a full time job and a family. The subscription is cheap and helps pay the bills so this service can continue.

Thank you.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

May I humbly suggest that if you own a Dash and do not currently have a subscription to the Chumby service, please consider subscribing. While Duane is a great guy, he cannot provide this wonderful service to us just out of the goodness of his heart. He has a full time job and a family. The subscription is cheap and helps pay the bills so this service can continue.

Thank you.

Agreed. 

I've created my Chumby account and some custom channels in anticipation of hopefully activating my C10 Dash on chumby.com. 

Are subscriptions only available in monthly installments?  Is it possible to purchase yearly subscriptions?  I'd definitely purchase a $35/year subscription - I'd save $1, and Duane could use the additional upfront income to help focus resources where they're needed.