Topic: RSS forum RSS/Atom feeds broken

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, but couldn't find anything that was obviously more appropriate.

I noticed today that the RSS feeds that I use to monitor a couple of forums have been broken for a while, returning HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Fetching the feed with 'curl -v' shows HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error, and then, confusingly, the correct RSS output!  Same if I change the type to type=atom.  HTTP 500, but valid and correct Atom output.  For example, General Discussion forum RSS feed is "ht tp://forum.chumby.com/extern.php?action=feed&fid=26&type=rss" (sorry for broken-up link, I just registered to post and can't post links yet)

Since curl produces correct output, I can work around it in my feed reader, but thought I'd post to maybe get it fixed.

Re: RSS forum RSS/Atom feeds broken

We'll look into that.

edgewood wrote:

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, but couldn't find anything that was obviously more appropriate.

I noticed today that the RSS feeds that I use to monitor a couple of forums have been broken for a while, returning HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Fetching the feed with 'curl -v' shows HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error, and then, confusingly, the correct RSS output!  Same if I change the type to type=atom.  HTTP 500, but valid and correct Atom output.  For example, General Discussion forum RSS feed is "ht tp://forum.chumby.com/extern.php?action=feed&fid=26&type=rss" (sorry for broken-up link, I just registered to post and can't post links yet)

Since curl produces correct output, I can work around it in my feed reader, but thought I'd post to maybe get it fixed.

It should be working for you now, my testing shows:

$ curl -I "http://forum.chumby.com/extern.php?acti … p;type=rss"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:37:39 GMT
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=6kl3mvi57ofmh4mghu84dsibi3; path=/
Expires: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:37:39 GMT
Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: public
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I'm seeing the fix here, too.  Thanks!

thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.