Topic: My infocast asked to be updated

Anything new with the I8? I have been asked to update twice in the last couple of weeks on my I8. Didn't see this on my C8.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: My infocast asked to be updated

Nope.

Any idea why this would occur?

I'm guessing maybe some network glitch.  I've seen that happen with my c8 and after power cycling it, it'd be ok.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Yes, it's really a bug in the Control Panel - it improperly interprets a failure to get update information as an update.  The code for that is quite stupid - what it does is ask for the current version of the software from the server, then compares the answer to what it has installed, and brings up the alert when they're different.  Unfortunately, the way it's written, a failure qualifies as a difference.

It's one those bugs that constantly fell through the cracks.

Thanks for the explanation. It is not a problem. Just let us know IF there is an update of things. I thought maybe there would be a possibility of adding more music sources. I wish all the units had the same capabilities. Example: C8 has more music sources built in than I8, but Photobucket was built in to I8 and not in C8.

In most cases, the difference in commercial content offerings between chumby-branded and Insignia (and Sony) branded devices were due to contractual restrictions.