Topic: No more automatic night mode

Recently I cleared out some old "one time" alarms on my Chumby. Previously, I had my Chumby to automatically go to night mode at 10:00 pm. But now this doesn't happen.

I tried setting it as an alarm to no avail. Is there a way to do this that I am missing? Thanks...

Re: No more automatic night mode

I use this:
http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title= … omatically

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Assuming this is a 3.5" device, you need to set as follows:

1) Daily (or whatever)
2) (Set the time)
3) Set the sound to "None"
4) Set the action to "Night mode on"
5) Give is a name
6) Accept.

Note that a new alarm is off by default - you need to enable it by clicking the check box.  It should turn orange, the "custom alarm" button should turn orange on the alarms screen, and the "ALARMS" button on the main Control Panel screen should be orange.

I just went through the steps and confirmed it's working.  You should also check your firmware version to make sure you're up to date.

Duane wrote:

Assuming this is a 3.5" device, you need to set as follows:

1) Daily (or whatever)
2) (Set the time)
3) Set the sound to "None"
4) Set the action to "Night mode on"
5) Give is a name
6) Accept.

Note that a new alarm is off by default - you need to enable it by clicking the check box.  It should turn orange, the "custom alarm" button should turn orange on the alarms screen, and the "ALARMS" button on the main Control Panel screen should be orange.

I just went through the steps and confirmed it's working.  You should also check your firmware version to make sure you're up to date.

Thanks. I've tried this a few times, but the "None" (3. above) does not highlight (grayed out), which stops the process. I'll try it again and double-check the firmware.