Topic: Chumby with internet time/manual time showing wrong time...

I have a Chumby classic I purchased used.  I am trying to set it up, had no problems getting it configured on Wifi, set up with my paid chumby account, etc.  The title really says it all- the one thing I'm having trouble with is that it won't keep whatever time I try to set it to.  It always tries to be ~4pm, and it doesn't matter if I set time via internet, or manually. 

I don't think this is a time zone issue, because the minutes are off, and not matching any world time zone (and the time zone is correctly set to my region).  When I received the CC it had appeared to be factory reset by the previous user, it gave the intro video for using the Chumby just like a new unit (this is my 4th classic chumby- I like them quite a bit!).

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  Perhaps theres an obvious place with the answer, but my searches did not find it.  I've worked with the ssh interface before on other units, and am fairly familiar with the file system layout, but no expert.

Thanks!

Re: Chumby with internet time/manual time showing wrong time...

Please try a manual firmware update - even if you're actually up to date, it has the side effect of resetting a lot of stuff.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=46109#p46109

Thanks Duane!

That worked perfectly.  Everything seems to work great now!

Glad it worked for you. My guess is that you had a pretty old firmware version.  Classics changed the way they handled Internet time.