Topic: Who is to blame for the celebrity picture leak?

I love the finger pointing in the celebrity picture leak scandal.

So, is it the celebs that like to take nude selfies, the hackers that leaked the pictures, the sites that post the pictures, the media that hypes the unfortunate laying bare (pun intended!) of the celebrities personal life or in the end, the people who download and look for the scandalous pictures? (supply and demand)

Enquiring minds want to know!

Re: Who is to blame for the celebrity picture leak?

I honestly believe it to be the System Administrator Hacker known as 4chan who used his Password App to get into the clouds. To everyone who uses the most common password, "Password", I recommend at once for them to change their passwords to "elite speak". For example, change the S's in "Password" to $'s, making it "Pa$$word". This is the password I use for all of my data and none of my nude selfies have leaked yet, so it must be good.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz5i171h_no

I have not seen any of the pictures but if they are of Hollywood celebrities they are probably quite good looking and releasing these pictures make the world a bit prettier.   
:-)

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

4 (edited by infocastme 2014-09-04 15:38:33)

nathanm wrote:

To everyone who uses the most common password, "Password", I recommend at once for them to change their passwords to "elite speak". For example, change the S's in "Password" to $'s, making it "Pa$$word". This is the password I use for all of my data and none of my nude selfies have leaked yet, so it must be good.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but password is now in the number 2 spot not number 1. ;-)

http://splashdata.blogspot.com/2014/01/ … -list.html

Compiled by SplashData, the list pulls from the millions of stolen passwords made public throughout the year—a large chunk of which was made possible thanks to the Adobe hackers and their 38 million victims. That explains why this year's list includes newcomers "adobe123" and "photoshop." It also gives us the opportunity to remind you that basing your password on whatever program you're logging into is always a terrible, terrible idea.

Number to right indicates position from 2012 survey

1. 123456 (Up 1)
2. password (Down 1)
3. 12345678 (Unchanged)
4. qwerty (Up 1)
5. abc123 (Down 1)
6. 123456789 (New)
7. 111111 (Up 2)
8. 1234567 (Up 5)
9. iloveyou (Up 2)
10. adobe123 (New)
11. 123123 (Up 5)
12. Admin (New)
13. 1234567890 (New)
14. letmein (Down 7)
15. photoshop (New)
16. 1234 (New)
17. monkey (Down 11)
18. shadow (Unchanged)
19. sunshine (Down 5)
20. 12345 (New)
21. password1 (Up 4)
22. princess (New)
23. azerty (New)
24. trustno1 (Down 12)
25. 000000 (New)

Did you look at my source? It seems reliable...

nathanm wrote:

Did you look at my source?

Does it have clothes on?