Topic: Activate used I8

I am the proud owner of Dmark's I8.

I would like to register it but I am unable to get to a register screen.

I have gone under the special options screen and did a deactivation but it still comes back to the unsubscribe clock.

NOTE: this does have a patch for the non functioning crypto.

I am happy to SSH into the I8 to make activation happen.

Re: Activate used I8

Email me the device ID - oh, and make sure the /psp/hosts file just has entries for localhost.

Do I need to deregister at the Chumby.com site?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Anyone can deactivate any device now - it's the big orange button on the upper right.

I can't seem to log into my chumby account. I sent a request to change the password and I still can't get to the site.

6 (edited by demarks51 2014-07-28 11:46:41)

Never mind. I finally got in.
Okay It looks the my old I8 (Big Chumby2) has already been deregistered. I hope this means it is perking away.

Well after making a change to the hosts file, I was finally able to get the unit activated. Working like a champ now!

8 (edited by demarks51 2014-07-29 12:11:33)

Great! Sorry to part with this unit but I did not have the skill to revive it. Congrats! I couldn't even get it to calibrate. I think what I did wrong was to try to calibrate when it was in the C1 state of mind. So the cryptoprocessor was bad? And you worked around it?

demarks51 wrote:

So the cryptoprocessor was bad? And you worked around it?

I did a few tests that showed the crypto working. I tried to reflash it back to stock but not sure it really is running stock software once again.

It is up and running and that is all that matters for now. Will keep a close eye on it and see if it starts to have problems.

I had no problems with this unit for a long time. It just showed that the clock was not keeping up and then when restarted the C1 cw came up and it was all downhill from there. My other I8 running C8 firmware didn't do that nor any of the other 4 small chums.