Topic: Chumby's For Sale

Hey everyone,

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these great devices. Now that I have secured my own outside the insider invitation, I want to let everyone here know that really cannot wait anymore that there are 8 Chumby auctions on ebay as I write this post. I hope this helps you out.

Re: Chumby's For Sale

I just ordered mine today cant wait:)

There really shouldn't be anyone who really wants an early release chumby who won't be able to get one -- if anyone hasn't heard from us by now (and check those spam filters if you haven't) you should hear in the next day or two.  We're going to make Insider purchase even more easy and obvious -- if you really *must* have one now in pre-release -- very soon.

I received the mail too...I really want to buy the chumby..But I live in Belgium...

News about European shippings?

A lot of interest from outside the U.S. and we're working on it.  This topic has been covered at length elsewhere on the Forum.  Not a result of jingoism, rather time and resources given international regulations and requirements.  Trust me, we *really* want Chumby to dominate globally :^)

Probably you chumbians already know a lot more about this, but within the EU the regulations should be the same, right? So with just that one approvement you suddenly get 500 million new potential customers (I would be one of them!!).

Sorry about you Canadians, Austrialians, and everybody else out there, I don't mean for you to be neglected! Just pointing out that Europe is a big market ...

Ah - did I miss something? I'm in the UK and just received an invite to purchase a Chumby - I haven't done so yet but was intending to. Am I not able to actually complete the purchase then?

Incidentally, keen as I am to buy a Chumby, will the final release product be better than the current prerelease models? How close is the current prerelease to the final item?

Jamie.

this has been covered elsewhere... in a nutshell: the hardware in the chumby that you get if you buy today will be identical to the "final release" chumbies. the only difference will be the software. if you buy now, you'll get software upgrades along the way so that at "final release" you'll have the equivalent of what new purchasers are getting.