Topic: Reactivating the Chumby

I'd be grateful if anyone could help with my problem.

I have recently purchased a chumby from ebay, however the seller did not include the username and password to enable me to download widgets from Chumby.com.

Am I missing something, if so could you point me in the right direction. Is there a way to reset the device and re register it in my own name.

Thanks
Steve UK

Re: Reactivating the Chumby

walder wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone could help with my problem.

I have recently purchased a chumby from ebay, however the seller did not include the username and password to enable me to download widgets from Chumby.com.

Am I missing something, if so could you point me in the right direction. Is there a way to reset the device and re register it in my own name.

Thanks
Steve UK

Go to control panel > settings > chumby info    - what's written next to 'registered to:'
You may need to get in contact with the seller and get them to deactivate (delete chumby) from their chumby.com account.
If you get stuck please contact support at http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Steve

Hi, I have a chumby that I have been using in its limited capacity until now. First and foremost, congrats and I am so excited to have it back. I have a few questions.

1) Somehow, when I went to the "register to" section of chumby info, it says "Chumby" as the username instead of my real username, which is morningside. Could you please help me restore it.

2) I am wondering if you have a news aggregator listening option coming soon? I was a big fan of the old one (name forgotten) and using the "you stream" is so beyond my technical abilities.

Thanks again

@morningside - please email the ID of the device to the email address linked from the "support" tab in the site.

@duane. Will do. But won't be able to do so until next week. Thanks
In advance for your help!