Topic: Infocast clock

How can I change the hour in my Infocast 8? The spring hour begun 2 weeks ago but my device is displaying the same time.

Oscar from Dallas, TX

Re: Infocast clock

have you tried rebooting it?

the i8 should have automatically changed time, unless you don't have it set to the right timezone. (some timezones don't follow the same daylight savings time rules).

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I did it for the second time (reboot) but the hour is still in the past season. I have never changed the zone time. Where can I look for the zone time?
Thanks for your time.

My guess is the tzdata package on the chumbies are outdated.  Since they keep changing the date of the time change, most linux systems get updated tzdata packages with the new dates for timezone updates.  The chumby filesystem isn't currently being updated, and has outdated information.

I'm guessing you'll have to manually change your timezone to get the hour correct, then in a couple weeks (when the time change was last year) it'll flip back, and you'll need to update your timezone back to your actual location.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

oscarsosa wrote:

I did it for the second time (reboot) but the hour is still in the past season. I have never changed the zone time. Where can I look for the zone time?
Thanks for your time.

what kind of chumby do you have, and what firmware is it running?

(from the chumbyinfo page)

you can check the timezone from the settings page.

Materdaddy wrote:

My guess is the tzdata package on the chumbies are outdated.  Since they keep changing the date of the time change, most linux systems get updated tzdata packages with the new dates for timezone updates.  The chumby filesystem isn't currently being updated, and has outdated information.

I'm guessing you'll have to manually change your timezone to get the hour correct, then in a couple weeks (when the time change was last year) it'll flip back, and you'll need to update your timezone back to your actual location.

most of them changed, which makes me wonder how old his is... the last time USA tz files were updated was in 2007.

Done!  I could access the set time/date feature and did it. Thank you very much for your excellent support!! I hope sometime we can get as much applications as before.

diamaunt wrote:

most of them changed, which makes me wonder how old his is... the last time USA tz files were updated was in 2007.

Don't get me started on the Australian timezone files tongue

Never mind that we seem to make changes to daylight savings schedules every other year... lol