1 (edited by mtietje 2014-03-13 06:13:10)

Topic: NOOooO!

My newly crafted 5v 2000mA adapter for my Chumby One just died! Nearly two years of sitting in the drawer, resurrected for a glorious week of internet-radio-alarm-clocking (didn't know that was a verb, did ya?), and now this!

I'm devastated!

Re: NOOooO!

Ok...so I now know what my first Chumby Store purchase will be...

But here's the question - which power adapter type is best? It appears to me that the Type A plug is the same model that originally failed on me. Will I have better luck with the Type B?

try again? maybe you had a bad adapter?

do you still have the original chumby 1 adapter? they're fixable.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:

do you still have the original chumby 1 adapter? they're fixable.

When I made my original fix, I did so following instructions I found on another site. Regrettably, it was only in the exuberance of a resurrected Chumby One that I stumbled back to the Official Forums and found out that they should be saved/salvaged. So...the original is gone. hmm

The replacement adapter I created last week had this red LED on it that stayed lit constantly when it was working. Today, it's flashing. I opened it up to see if I could visibly tell where the problem may be located, but nothing stood out to me.

I took the gamble and ordered the Type B adapter rather than trying to go at it on my own again. We shall see what happens.

Sorry for your bad luck but thank you for supporting the service by purchasing a power supply.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Do these have a replacement cap in them or are they untouched and prone to popping? I have a couple of One's that need replacement power supplies and would like to support the upcoming service (yay!) by purchasing them through here.

if you still have the power supplies, they can be fixed pretty easily.

I should set up a chumby power supply refurbishment service wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.