Topic: Kindleberry Pi

This is a fun weekend project I did during a lazy Sunday. As my Kindle and Raspberry Pi were both collecting dust, I set them up with this guide: http://projectdp.wordpress.com/2012/09/ … pberry-pi/
I then moved it into my bedroom and hooked it up to an original Xbox Wireless Adapter (Configured through the Xbox, then it works anywhere as it's connected via Ethernet) , which goes into a WEP encryped WiFi relay I have set up for some old electronics that don't support WPA, and that goes into my WiFi. When it works, it works well. Some programs that I recommend for this setup, or ones that exclusively display black and white, no colors, are Alpine, Links, Weechat, and Finch.

2 (edited by bobsz 2013-11-05 22:11:42)

Re: Kindleberry Pi

Love the way the thing looks. James Bond 1962 meets The Borg. DOS. Gray Web pages.

@nathanm- I hate to sound serious about this, but FYI in your wordpress article, the link to the original KindleBerry Pi article actually points to a Google cache of that page. I'll delete this post tomorrow so I don't ruin the fun spirit of this, so don't bother replying. Probably just part of Google's attempt to obliterate any reference to upstart Kindle.

That's not my blog! I just meant it's the one I used to do the project.

Jeez, my brain cells for reading comprehension seem to be fading fast. (I think a lot of them are still floating around up at Woodstock.) Anyway, thanks for telling us about the cool and fun project. I have an older white "2nd Generation" Kindle that's a treasure. Free 3G forever, real keys to type, and a battery that holds a charge for weeks. They don't make stuff like that any more. Loved the way that screen looked "imitating" a computer. BTW, I still get jealous when people mention working on a *real* desktop. You've got your priorities straight. I even got sentimental when you mentioned WEP. More good old days, before Google and the Feds started monitoring everything. Actually, maybe with that Kindleberry Pi-Fi you'll be flying below their radar.