Topic: Broken power switch Chumby one

The power switch on my Chumby one got pushed back and  broke off the circuit board.  Even worse, the right most of the 3 pads got peeled off and remains attached to the switch.  I can solder small wire to the other two pads but there is no way to reconnect to the third one. 
The Chumby doesn't come to life when plugged in, naturally I suppose. The other two pads have about 1 v when the power is applied.  The switch logic seems to normally connect 1 and 3 (the missing pad) and 2 and 3 when depressed.  I thought the missing pad might be ground but connecting the pads to ground didn't work for me. 

I looked at the schematics but couldn't figure out the switch wiring.  Is there a way to by pass the switch to be always on when power is applied? 

There's a chance something else is broken, especially after may unsuccessful repair attempts.  The Chumby had a blank white screen when I tried to recycle power and apparently pushed too hard.  I'd previously had infrequent lock ups so I doubt it was dead at that point.

Re: Broken power switch Chumby one

The switch isn't really a "hard" power switch - it's a "soft power" switch attached to an input to a small processor which is on as long as power is available to the device - this processor is what then controls power to the main processor and the rest of the device.

In other words, there's no good way to "short circuit" this.

If you feel confident enough in your skills, you can sand or Dremel the solder mask off of the trace leading to the missing pad, then solder a wire to that.  I actually had to do this recently for my laptop's power supply... it's a bit of a pain, and takes a fine hand to make sure you don't expose neighboring traces or sand/Dremel through the trace entirely, but it's better than chucking your device!

For a grossly over-simplified diagram of what I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/A0v0Ltv.png

Duane- Thanks for your reply.  Every little detail helps.

Doktor Jones- A man after my own heart.  Yes, nothing to lose.  However, other components are so close to the switch (S600) that the traces are invisible (or on a different layer?).
I'm hoping I can connect to a nearby component that is connected to the missing pad.

The schematic I looked at first didn't show S600 (??) but the Hacker Board schematics did.  Also I didn't have the switch(SKRTLAE010) logic right, 1 and 3 always connected, all 3 connected when depressed.  I still find the schematic confusing.
s600_schematic bbcode test

Am I correct that either D600 or R603 are connected to pad 3?  The surface mount resistor is tiny and in a busy neighborhood but it may be possible to run short jumper wire to pad 1.

gorges-Thanks for the tip. 
I tried connecting R600 to D600, some months back, but the Chumby still didn't turn on.  I tired a few other things so perhaps I fried something during my repair attempts. 
The Chumby is now in my parts bin ready for recycling components.  I found a use already for the usb wifi adapter.