Topic: Does anyone else use dual monitors?

I just put my computer in a dual monitor setup, and will never go back. Seriously, it's pretty good. Even though my two monitors are a 2000 Dell CRT with built-in speakers and a 2001 NEC MultiSync LCD, they work pretty great and were both free (I got the Dell from a college that was giving their computer setups away, and use the monitor and keyboard. The actual computer's downstairs. The NEC is from another giveaway). I guess what I'm saying is that it's just easier to multitask with two monitors than one. I much prefer this setup to a widescreen, as it has more pixels (Both are 1280x1024), and widescreens cost money. I guess I want to know if anyone else does the same thing as me.

Re: Does anyone else use dual monitors?

I kinda like having twin 1600x1200 or 1900x1200 monitors, myself wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have been all over the place with monitors. I personally do not like the widescreen monitors. When I was running dual monitors I found they had to be the same make/model/size or it would really bother me. Mixing a CRT with an LCD would certainly give me a headache. More power to you for being able to use it.  What I really want is one of those 4k TVs. If I could get a 32" - 36" model and use it for a monitor I would be a happy man. Of course, then I would have to upgrade the PC so it could drive it...

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

I have a couple of dual screen setups. One is 4:3 ratio setup and the other is widescreen. One for programming and one for audio/video editing / playing. I find I am on the 4:3 more often.

5 (edited by infocastme 2013-09-10 21:44:40)

I wanted to update what I have done with my dual monitor setups.

I have found a couple of programs that making working on two monitors like working on two computers.

The first is called TeamPlayer. It allows me to use two mice at the same time. I use on mouse on each screen. Mostly used on programs that have repetitive input clicks like a cd ripping program I use while doing other chores. Keeps me from having to mouse over from the other screen. The program even allows a second keyboard to control the other screen as well.

The other program I found is called Dual Monitor Taskbar. It is a freeware program that puts a second task bar at the bottom of the second screen and allows me access to the Taskbar from from either screen.

It is fun to see how far you can push the envelope!

I have 2 2560x1600 on one and a 44" HDMI tv set at 720P

The TV is on the wall 'wrapped' next to the monitor

I love it, and makes watcihng tv/movies perfect.