Topic: chumby.com is unreachable

hello

Since today - i do not know when - there is no connection.
I just restarted but now the text "chumby.com is unreachable" appears.

Is this a known problem for all or just for me?

2 (edited by demarks51 2013-07-31 06:53:43)

Re: chumby.com is unreachable

Have you been speaking kindly to your chum? He may be on a fast. Just kidding.
Have run into this myself a few times. I just restart wifi from the modem up and then restart chumby. I have also erased wifi connections and re-searched for wifi connections again and put in passphrase again. Have you moved the chumby further from the router?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Thank you.

No.  the chumby is at the same place and
Yes i did delete the connections and found the wlan (and all the others here) and reentered the password.

I think i will try to flash a kind off offline software

4 (edited by sal 2013-08-02 08:00:59)

Hello Chum:
My chumby died the other day, also. I thought it was just its time to pass quietly into the night. Perhaps it is more of a universal problem.

sal wrote:

Hello Chum:
My chumby died the other day, also. I thought it was just its time to pass quietly into the night. Perhaps it is more of a universal problem.

How exactly did it "die"?  Does it not power up, or does it not connect to the network?

sal wrote:

Hello Chum:

and, what kind of chumby?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

just 4 info: i just installed the offline-firmware and now all works fine. i do not know what the problem was but that does not matter if it works fine now.

the screen white & then black. Tried reset & another outlet, nothing. Still dead. It is a chumby one

sal wrote:

the screen white & then black. Tried reset & another outlet, nothing. Still dead. It is a chumby one

your chumby's power supply may have died, Doktor jones is selling adapters to let you use a compatible adapter.

there's also videos on youtube about how to crack the adapter open and fix it, if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

This thread covers the issue you're seeing with the Chumby One.

11 (edited by SvenC 2014-08-03 01:27:39)

I have the same issue since two days on my chumby one (with zurk's FW). "chumby.com is unrechable". It starts with stopping to show the correct time. After device reboot and after connecing the network the message above occurs.

/edit
After FW-reinstall, the chumby is working again. smile