Topic: Possibly to force the order of flickr photos?

I have library of about 500 photos.  Some are in sets.

When I run the widget, it seems to just start from the library and show the newest photos.  Is there a way to force it to particular sets/albums or force a different order? 

I tried changing the order of the sets but that doesn't do anything.

Re: Possibly to force the order of flickr photos?

I'd like to know this too.  Mostly just want to force Chumby to read from a specific set.  Anyone know?  Thanks, KLR

It's actually much easier to pull based of the tags instead of sets.

Go to "you" --> "your tags"

Select the tag you want that is applied to all the photos you want to stream

Click on the RSS 2.0 icon at the bottom of the page.

This will bring you to the rss feed you want.

Thanks for your feedback regarding sets.  That's a feature we can certainly add after taking care of the current tasks already in our queue...

Currently, in the mode that includes private photos, we just show photos that are returned by this Flickr API call:
http://www.flickr.com/services/api/flic … dated.html
We shuffle the recent photos in random order, and start cycling through them (shuffling is done because if you have the widget set to stay on for 30 seconds, for example, you probably wouldn't want to see the same 5 photos each time it comes up.

When we add support for sets, how would you like it to work:  would you like to be directed to Flickr's site to authenticate (and be able to see private photos),  or would you rather keep the customization simple and choose from a list of photosets for a given user without authentication?

I would like to see private photos, so I don't mind going to flickr to auth.

I tried the RSS method.  It "kinda" works with the tags.  Problem is that the photos are more like thumbnails so it's too small.