Topic: Chumby 8 SD image

C8 problem.  Somehow I have killed my C8. It boots but does not see any wireless networks. I think something went wrong trying to load Zurk. (Zurk works ok on C1).

Can anyone tell me where to download an image so I can write it to SD and live again?
Thanks in anticipation.

2 (edited by delaney99 2013-05-10 03:32:33)

Re: Chumby 8 SD image

you can get it from here :
http://files.chumby.com/resources/chumb … update.zip

hold down the screen for special options then load it from the usb drive.
the url is in the README.TXT file as well when you download the offline thing.

I might be confused, but I think I need the entire image not the update. The C8 image is about 300Mb I think. thanks for the other reply too.

if it boots you need only the update not the whole image.
you need to whole image if you are changing to a bigger SD card or it doesnt boot into special options at all.

Hmmmm. tried that. it stays black screen when i power on with finger on the screen. it seems to boot normally up to the wifi screen.  can someone point me to an image. not the . . . AO. . .  one , it doesnt work. thanks

Hmmmm. tried that. it stays black screen when i power on with finger on the screen. it seems to boot normally up to the wifi screen. i hav successfully updated the C1 many times via wifi and usb.  can someone point me to an image. not the . . . AO. . .  one , it doesnt work. thanks